I am a registered member of the Royal College of Speech
and Language Therapists and Health and Care Professions Council.
Please CONTACT ME to find out more.
My name is Dr Kathryn Head. I am an experienced Speech and Language Therapist with over twenty years clinical practice working in the fields of stroke and brain injury rehabilitation, neurological conditions as well as with voice. If you are an adult with speech, language or voice problems, or are looking for help or advice, please CONTACT ME.
My areas of expertise include:
- Difficulties understanding and using words (aphasia)
- Rehabilitation following brain injury and stroke
- Voice disorders
- Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)
- Voice feminisation (Male to female transgender)
- Motor speech disorders resulting from weakness or acquired neurological disorders.
- Training to family and care support staff for managing swallowing difficulties and/or communication. This may include advice on computer-based therapy resources to support your therapy.
What I do
Each client is assessed to help identify individual needs, set therapy goals and create bespoke treatment programmes. Treatment may include:
- Exercises to strengthen muscles and improve coordination
- Volume and breath control exercises to improve voice
- Compensatory strategies to enhance word finding and functional communication
- Training family members, carers and allied health professionals to support swallowing and/or communication difficulties
How I do it
Sessions can be offered in the clinic, neurorehabilitation centres, or in your home.
Following an initial consultation to gain background information, an assessment is carried out. Once a diagnosis is formulated and therapy goals set with the client, a therapy plan is developed.
Appointments are usually offered at your convenience within days of the initial contact.
Fees are charged according to ASLTIP guidelines.
These range from £50-£75 per session according to what is required. Mileage is charged at 50p per mile. Please Contact me for further details and advice.
What people say
I'm very proud of the work I do and love knowing I make a difference to people's lives. It's important to me to get feedback from people I've worked with.
~ Elaine & Steve ~
~ Sonia Cutter, Support Worker ~
~ Mr R. ~